Military to Civilian Conversion Programs
VA Benefits and Military DiscountsApply for a customized plan no matter your experience
Military Pilot Civilian Conversion Programs
CONVERT YOUR HELICOPTER TIME
Military rotor pilots only need 750 hours total time, including 250 hours of fixed wing time to achieve R-ATP minimums.
Are you a military rotor pilot who’s short on part of the 250 fixed wing hours requirement for R-ATP minimums?
With VA Benefits, Military Discounts, AB INITIO Training, and Airline partner reimbursements, VT AAA Flight School is the perfect choice for a customized training program for your transition to a civilian career.
Here’s how it works:
Pilot Training Military Helicopter Conversion Airline Program
- A Flight Instructor assigned to you will audit your flying hours to determine how much fixed wing time you need.
- VT AAA will work with our airline bridge partners to help you pay for your training.
- VT AAA’s bridge partner’s path to American, Delta, and United.
- You train as your schedule permits!
Convert your Military Career to a civilian career
Start with zero flight experience and train to become a commercial pilot.
This path includes a guaranteed CFI job** at VT AAA for any military wanting a civilian airline pilot career.
The VT AAA Professional Pilot Career program takes you from Zero to Commercial and CFI in 12 to 15 Months.
Zero Experience to Regional Airline Pilot!
- Private through Commercial Multi Engine with CFI
- Airline-Oriented Training from Day One
- Fixed Cost in a Realistic Time Frame*
- Pilot Recruiting Events During Training
- Guaranteed Instructor job** – your path to Reach Airline Minimums
Earning up to $37,000 annually PLUS monthly networking and interview opportunities.
- $7,000 to $18,000 in Airline Sponsored Tuition reimbursement from many regional carriers.
- Plus many other incentives call 830.423.4664 to learn more about the differences for each regional airline.
Submit an application today or call VT AAA admissions to apply 830-423-4664.
* you should add about 10% extra time to be sure to cover additional training costs in case you need it. We use a 250-hour estimate that many will find realistic but add another 25 extra hours to what you’ll need to finish your training provides a cushion in case you need it.
** It’s not necessary that you work for vT AAA as a CFI but it’s an opportunity given to those students who excel not only in their flight training but their attitude. The final decision and job off is at the discretion of the Chief Pilot. In other words, treat your training like one long interview or as an internship.
What our military say about VT AAA Flight School
"They helped me determine the quickest track to an airline using my past experience and flight time. I liked working with my assigned CFI, he got to know me and made sure I had the information I needed." A Recent grad from Military Pilot Conversion Program.