Do what you love and get paid well
become a flight instructor
Aviation academy of america is an educational institution dedicated to providing the very best flight training in the world with state of the art equipment, incredible instructors, and an experience taylor-made for the beginner.
Certified Flight Instructor Job Details
VT AAA (Aviation Academy of America, Inc.) is a flight school in Texas, training international and US students to become commercial pilots. VT AAA is a subsidiary of VT Aerospace. VT AAA works in close cooperation with ST Aerospace Academy in Australia and Singapore and is obliged to follow the parent company procedures and policies.
CERTIFIED FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR JOBS TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and all of the following:
- Maintain flight training standards as outlined by both the FAA and Aviation Academy of America
- Maintain student pass rate at or greater than 80%
- Meet with each student as published on schedule; ensure that all flight lessons are completed according to the Training Course Outline specifications; ensure that all appropriate endorsements are made on the student’s record and personal logbook.
- Ensure policies and procedures of the Operations Manual are maintained
- Ensure assigned students’ training records were kept by Aviation Academy and FAA policy
- Submit requests for stage checks upon completion of each stage of flight training; ensure that all flight lessons and flight books are completed before the request for Checkflight.
- CFI help Pull aircraft in/out of hangar; assist in tying down aircraft; assists in departmental activities; attends meetings; performs other duties as assigned.
Certified Flight Instructor jobs– Airplane (CFI) required; CFII/MEI certificate preferred; currently enrolled or ability to be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, with bachelor’s degree preferred. Must hold a current second-class medical.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge and instructor certification appropriate to the position
- Knowledge of various flight instruction instrumentation and equipment
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to instruct/teach/tutor
- Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
- Ability to reason logically and methodically
- Ability to perform under stressful circumstances
- Attentiveness to detail
Starting date is flexible positions are open now.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
PASS RATE BONUS
$100.00 bonus /student check ride passed 1st attempt max 16/yr
Benefits include vacation, medical, dental, vision, and 401K.
Our fleet consists of G500 C172s, C172S, PA28R, and G1000 PA44. All aircraft are equipped with ADSB In/Out, TIS, Satellite Weather and SpiderTracks.
Relocation to Hondo/New Braunfels airport or San Antonio area is required.
Train with us!
Work with us!
Dream with us!
You should call today or submit an application and get started on the career path that is right for you. 830-584-7058
“Guarantee Job Interview Eligibility
Our student pilot graduates must meet the following requirements in order to be eligible for a guaranteed instructor interview:
Demonstrate professionalism, adherence to all SOP’s, and demonstrate the highest safety standards at all times.
Attend all scheduled training events on time and meet knowledge test deadlines
Fail no more than two checkrides (three or more checkride failures will prevent your eligibility for a guaranteed instructor job interview)
Possess a clean background check of a minimum of ten years as required for any airline position”