Flight Training Finance
Finance Pilot Training
What are the costs?
The professional pilot career program costs
To finance pilot training you first have to know the costs!
- $59,995 plus ground school materials, checkrides and tests and living expenses.
- $1,500 down payment to hold your spot in a class. $500 is for processing and $1000 toward ground school and books and uniforms.
- The amount to bring the first day of class is only the $13,995 for the private pilot module or the cost for the program that your starting.
- This is the best offer in the industry for real private to commercial and CFI training!
- The program takes about 12 to 15 months to complete.
- Fly as often as possible to maintain the level of competency needed to stay proficient.
- The Guaranteed Instructor job base pay is $35,000 with bonuses and other cash incentives and full benefits (about $52k a year).
- CFI job works so you can accumulate the required airline pilot hours.
- VT AAA also takes the initiative to connect you with one of our regional airline partners.
- Private Pilot License costs $13,585.00
- Instrument rating cost $9,880.00
- Commercial Pilot License cost $26,345.00
- Multi Engine Add-on cost $5,715.00
- CFI training costs $7,200.00
- Cost per hour by plane:
- Cessna C172 Basic $190.00/hour
- Cessna C172 G500/1000 $240.00/hour
- PA 28R $244.00/hour
- PA 44 $381.00 / hour
Flight Training Financing*
Pay as you go! And don’t forget to include living expenses!
Here are options
Finance pilot training with VA Funding
Loans as a way to Finance Pilot Training!
There are many organizations that can supply a loan to finance your pilot training!
More Information on the pilot life including pilot financing at AOPA.com
You can also find helpful information on Welcome to the Aviation Schools Online Network
Lending Tree* for personal loans.
This link gives you a chance to compare lenders. LendingTree offers people considering flight school the possibility to receive personal loan offers from multiple lenders with a single form. The interest rates on these loans are almost always lower than credit cards and most people receive the money directly in their bank accounts within a matter of days. Even if consumers don’t choose one of the offered loans, Lending Tree’s service is completely free and will help them comparison shop with other financing services*.
* These examples of types of financing are not endorsements but instead are only examples of options and the possible types of financing available.
"It takes time, resources and a drive to finish but the effort and the price are well worth it because it's a career like no other and it has the potential to change your life," Dena Lackey, VT AAA Marketing Manager.